Interpersonal Violence

If you are a victim of interpersonal violence

Call 911 if you are in danger or if you need immediate medical assistance. Tell someone you know and can trust.

Report the assault. If on campus, call Safety and Transportation (65509).

If you are not on campus, dial 911 for the Springfield Police. Reporting the assault does NOT commit you to filing charges.

Call the hotline. In Springfield, call 864-SAFE (7233).
If you are outside the Springfield area call 1-800-821-6863.

Both numbers can provide you with information about available services and resources in the community. Contact a residence hall staff member, the Dean of Students, and/or the Counseling Center to find out how the University can assist you. All information will be kept confidential.

For information about the definition of spousal/partner abuse.

For statistics regarding domestic abuse.
For information about surviving abuse.

Important contacts

For emergency medical treatment call 911 or:

Mercy Emergency-Trauma Center
  •  417-820-2115
Cox Emergency Department
  • (North) 417-269-3393
  • (South) 417-269-4083
The Victim Center 
  • 864-7233
Family Violence Center 
  • 864-7233

Disclaimer regarding links to other websites

Please read the information presented on each site carefully and critically. We have carefully selected each site with the belief that it provides useful information, however, the following listing of sites is for reference only. No endorsement of these sites is thereby meant of implied. No representation or warranty concerning the quality or any other characteristic of these sites is being made.