Counseling Center offers counseling to currently enrolled Missouri State University students. Consultation and referral services are available to others. There are no fees or charges for counseling-related services. If you are a Missouri State University employee, please refer to Counseling Center for more information.
Getting started in counseling at MSU is easy! The first counseling session - called an Intake - consists of exploring the reasons why a student is seeking counseling, relevant personal history and the development of the student's goals for counseling. To schedule an intake, students may call the Counseling Center at 417-836-5116.
You have the right to:
- ask questions and be informed about the nature of Counseling Center services
- a defined counseling goal mutually decided upon by you and your counselor
- be referred to another helping professional if you desire or if your concerns go beyond our expertise
You have the responsibility to:
- be on time for appointments with your counselor
- inform the appointment secretary by phone as soon as possible if you cannot meet your appointment time