Reasons Students Seek Counseling
- Academic difficulties/poor grades/probation
- Lack of motivation/difficulty concentrating
- Feeling anxious or stressed
- Depression/thoughts of suicide
- Sexual assault
- Dating/domestic violence
- Past abuse or trauma
- Relationship problems/break-ups
- Questions about sexuality
- Alcohol or drug use
- Eating, weight/body image concerns
- Coping with grief/loss
- Managing anger
- Lack of confidence/low self-esteem
- Sleep disturbance
- Feeling lonely/isolated
- Family problems
- Adjusting to life in the U.S.
- Career/life choices
The Counseling Center (CC) has a good reputation on campus! On average, each student who comes to the CC attends approximately four counseling sessions.
At completion of counseling, students are asked to complete an anonymous satisfaction survey.
Check out: What students say about us.