A crisis may include:
- A threat to your life
- A threat to another person’s life
- A traumatic event within the last 72 hours such as
- Victim of a crime
- Death of a loved one
Crisis Appointment Definition:
- A 20-minute appointment with the goal of helping students with safety assessment, stabilization, and providing resources as needed.
- Crisis appointments are available both in-person and on Zoom.
Disclaimer of Crisis Appointments:
- Due to limited resources, please attempt to call our office prior to arrival and our staff will do our best to accommodate your mental health needs.
- Crisis appointments are available to students enrolled at the Missouri State University – Springfield Campus and are located within the state of Missouri at the time of the appointment.
- If our office is unable to provide direct services, we will provide alternative resources and/or guidance.
- If there is imminent danger, please call 988 or 911.
After-hours Crisis Services:
- For after-hours mental health crisis assistance, call 417-836-5116 then press 0 (zero) to speak to a crisis counselor. You may also contact MSU Public Safety at 417-836-5509.
Additional Mental Health Emergency Resources
Springfield area mental health emergency assistance resources
Springfield Police Department
911 or 417-864-1810
Sheriff Greene County
Burrell Center Inc./Crisis Assist Team 24-hr Crisis Line
417-862-6555 or 800-494-7355
Springfield Veterans Center
After hours and Holidays: 877-927-8387
Emergency room contact information
Mercy Emergency Trauma Center
1235 E. Cherokee
Springfield, MO 65804
Cox South Emergency and Trauma Center
3801 S. National
Springfield, MO 65807
Cox North Emergency Department
1423 N. Jefferson
Springfield, MO 65802
Nationwide 24/7 crisis support
National Suicide Prevention Hotline
Crisis Text Line
Text 741741 for a quick reply by a trained Crisis Counselor about any type of crisis.
Substance Use Support Line
Veterans Crisis Line
1-800-273-8255 – Press 1
or Text 838255
The Trevor Project - LGBTQ
Stronghearts Native Helpline
BlackLine - BIPOC
Springfield, MO Vet Center
The Victim Center