What to do in case of overdose on drugs or alcohol
- Dial 911 or the emergency room at:
- Mercy Hospital - 417-820-2115
Cox Medical Center South - 417-269-4083
Cox Medical Center North - 417-269-3393
- Do not leave the person alone.
- Turn the victim on his/her side to prevent choking in case of vomiting.
- Tell a residence hall staff member that there is an emergency.
(Do not wait for all the signs to be present)
Signs of drug or alcohol overdose
- Person is unconscious or semiconscious and cannot be awakened
- Person has cold, clammy, pale or bluish skin
- Slow breathing (less than 8 breaths per minute)
- Irregular breathing (10 seconds or more between breaths)
- No response to pinching the skin
- Vomiting while passed out, and not waking after vomiting